This is a MUST WATCH video for those who are grieving over the past. If you’re having a difficult time forgiving yourself for mistakes you made or opportunities you missed, be encouraged — God’s Word shows us the way out! You can begin to create your own new history, starting today!
* Everyone has regrets because everyone has made mistakes.
* There are two kinds of regret:
1. I wish I hadn’t done that.
2. I wish I had done that (missed opportunity).
* The problem isn’t that we have regret. The problem is when we live in grief because of it.
* Symptoms of excessive regret:
— Fruitless meditating on mistakes
— Grieving over mistakes and decisions of the past
— Repetitive “If only…” — talking about it a lot
— Negative thought patterns
— Reliving past failures in your mind over and over again
— Feelings of unworthiness because of what you regret
* There is a difference between SHAME and GUILT.
GUILT — Feeling bad because of what you have done
SHAME — Feeling bad because of who you are
* Two things to remember:
— Good people do foolish things on occasion. That doesn’t make them bad people.
— The fact that you are regretful shows that that’s a character quality of goodness in you. It shows you care.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 3:19-20 — Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord….
* Four things to do:
1. Repent! Confess your sin and regret, receive forgiveness. Then give God that burden.
2. Turn back. Exchange WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE to WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
3. #3 — Accept “times of refreshing” from the Lord. Use your faith to go forward. TODAY IS TOMORROW’S PAST. Begin today to create your new history.
4. Be grateful. Be thankful for the good in your life. Begin to make a list of all the things you have done RIGHT in your life, and start thanking God for that.
* Remember: GOD IS FOR YOU!
May 23, 2019 #girlchurch