Got any faults? Ever sinned? The Word of God says we should CONFESS OUR FAULTS to one another! This week’s video JUST ADMIT IT explains the benefit of sharing out failures with someone else — and why it’s all for our good.
1. Everyone has made mistakes in their life. Anyone who has lived has some regrets.
Even spiritually mature people do some immature things at times.
2. James 5:16 — Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
3. The Verse above instructs us to “confess” (or tell) someone else about our failures, our mistakes, and our weaknesses — our shortcomings.
This scripture does not mean that you should confess your faults to just anyone. When you need to talk to someone about something that is bothering you, find someone who is:
— someone you respect and look up to
— someone who is mature
— someone who is not judgmental
— someone who will not gossip about what you tell them.
4. Confessing our faults to someone else helps ups to lighten our own load by sharing it.
5. When we don’t confess our faults to others, the devil tries to isolate us and make us feel alone. We can get in condemnation. This can lead to physical anxiety, worry, and depression.
6. STEPS TO TAKE:
— Confess it.
— Resolve it. Let it be over.
— Move on! Now go out and do something good.
7. Remember: God is FOR you!
May 15, 2019 #girlchurch